Path to Enrollment: Assessment
According to new legislation (AB 705), community colleges will maximize the probability that students will enter and complete transfer-level coursework in English and math within one year. Following these new guidelines, El Camino College may use one or more of the following multiple measures to assess your academic preparation and placement:
- High school GPA and coursework
- Completion of the English and Mathematics Survey after you log in to MyECC
- Providing proof of previous college coursework to an ECC counselor or ECC academic division
- Earning a qualifying score on advance placement tests while in high school
- Earning a “standard exceeded” score on the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress CAASPP.
- And more….
For more information contact or visit the Warrior Welcome Center located on the first
floor of Student Services
ESL Placement: If English is not your first language, you may need to begin with the English as a Second Language (ESL) placement process. You can learn more details about ESL placement options, as per Title 5 §55522.5 (f), by visiting the Warrior Welcome Center
Available by appointment only: Chemistry Placement Test
Next Step: Educational Planning