Path to Enrollment: Assessment
According to new legislation (AB 705), community colleges will maximize the probability that students will enter and complete transfer-level coursework in English and math within one year. Following these new guidelines, El Camino College may use one or more of the following multiple measures to assess your academic preparation and placement:
- High school GPA and coursework
- Completion of the English and Mathematics Survey after you log in to MyECC
- Providing proof of previous college coursework to an ECC counselor or ECC academic division
- Earning a qualifying score on advance placement tests while in high school
- Earning a “standard exceeded” score on the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress CAASPP.
- And more….
For more information contact or visit the Warrior Welcome Center located on the first
floor of Student Services
ESL Placement: No appointment necessary for the ESL Part 1 test. ESL Part 2 will require an appointment - information will be available following ESL Part 1 testing.
Available by appointment only: Chemistry test and Ability to Benefit tests.
Next Step: Educational Planning