Foster & Kinship Care Education
COVID-19 UPDATE: The Foster & Kinship Care Campus office is closed due to COVID-19. We are open via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-660-6460. All classes have been moved online.
The Foster and Kinship Care Education program provides a variety of training programs for Foster/Resource parents and relative caregivers, providing both pre-service classes for prospective Resource Foster and Adoptive parents and continuing education for existing Resource Foster and Kinship caregivers. A wide range of class topics are offered in order to meet the educational, emotional, behavioral, and developmental needs of children and youth in out-of-home care. The following provides an overview of our course offerings.
All classes are FREE and open to the public:
- Foster & Kinship Care Education (FKCE)
- Relative Caregiver (Kinship) and non-related family caregivers — Enhanced Orientation and other classes designed for those caregivers.
- D-Rate (emotional/behavioral difficulties) Pre-Service and Continuing Education Classes
- F-Rate (medically fragile) Foster Care Pre-Services and Continuing Education Classes
- W-Rate (caring for pregnant or parenting youth) Whole Family Foster Care for families
- Renewal Classes for Basic, D, F, and W Rate re-certifications
- Resource Family Approval (RFA) for prospective resource foster and adoptive parents
TRAINING SCHEDULE: Winter/Spring 2020 Foster & Kinship Care Schedule All classes moved online.
To REGISTER: CALL 310-660-6460 Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm, closed weekends and holidays.