Laptops, hotspots, and calculators:
Spring 2021 term:
To request technology please fill out the laptop loan form. If you have questions, email email@example.com After your request has been approved, you will receive an email to let you know when you can pick up your equipment.
Technology Equipment Pick Up Dates: By Appointment Only - email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a pick up time Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm
These videos cover the following Canvas topics: 1) Welcome to Canvas and How to Log On 2) The Canvas Dashboard and Global Navigation Menu 3) Course Cards 4) Activity Stream 5) To Do List 6) Calendar 7) Syllabus 8 Modules 9) Assignments 10) Grades 11) Notifications 12) Pronto13) Zoom
Set up instructions for your laptop:
Click here for set up instructions for you laptop.
Inserting the battery in your brand new hotspot:
- The battery is located under the cardboard insert. Remove it from the plastic packaging.
- To insert the battery, the back panel of the hotspot device needs to be removed. Near the charging port, there is a small notch in the plastic on one of the corners. Insert your fingernail or a small tool in the notch and pull in order to remove the back panel. This will be difficult, but the back should eventually fully come off.
- Discard the small silica gel packet that is in the device.
- Match up the three gold spots on the edge of the battery with the three gold parts on the device when inserting it. These connections need to touch for the hotspot to work. When you do so, the text-side of the battery will be facing you, and the battery should fit snuggly within the hotspot.
- Replace the back cover, being sure to fully press down on all the edges so there are no open spaces. There may be snapping/clicking sounds.
- Plug in your device to charge it and continue following set-up instructions provided with the device.
Here are recommendations from ECC ITS to help keep your computer safe while you are online:
The Learning Resources Center has two student computer labs:
- The Study Center, located on the second floor of the Schauerman Library
- Library Media Technology Center, located in the Schauerman Library's east basement.
Printing: Printing is available in both library computer labs. Black-and-white printing is 10 cents per page. Color printing is 50 cents per page. A current student ID card is needed to print in both labs. Students may use cash or a credit/debit card to pay for printing.
Please note, a $2.00 minimum is required when a credit/debit card is used.
The first time you use the campus print system, bring your student ID card to the computer lab in the library's east basement. The staff will help you prepare your card for printing.
To send your documents to a printer in the student computer labs, click here.
Reserving a Computer Lab
Faculty and staff may reserve computers for classes and programs. Priority is given based on the Learning Resources Computer Lab Use Policy.
To reserve computers in The Study Center, send an email to email@example.com.
To reserve computers in the Library Media Technology Center, email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email include the day, time, planned activity, and number of computers to reserve.
Contact Information for Computer Labs:
- The Study Center - 310-660-3593, extension 7495
- Library Media Technology Center - 310-660-3593, extension 6715