Get around easier with the El Camino College U-Pass!
How much does the Metro U-Pass cost?
Metro is offering FREE Summer U-Passes (through August 30, 2020) for any students who have purchased Spring 2020 Metro U-Passes. In order to obtain the free Summer Metro U-Pass, you must validate your Spring 2020 U-Pass. Students may validate their Spring stickers for Summer at the El Camino College Bookstore when the Bookstore is open for students to pick up their summer semester books. Please click on the El Camino College Bookstore link for more information on days and hours that you may go to the Bookstore to validate your Metro U-Pass.
For students who do not have a Spring Metro U-Pass, unfortunately, we are unable to sell you Summer U-Passes.
What are the benefits of a Metro U-Pass?
- El Camino College students who purchase a Metro U-Pass will be able to ride on the Metro, including Metro Express Buses and the Metro Silver Line, as well as the GTrans (Gardena bus lines),Torrance Transit and Long Beach Transit, Culver City Bus, LADOT DASH, City of Santa Monica’s Big Blue Bus (BBB), and Norwalk Transit!
- In comparison to a Metro 30-Day Pass with Zones, the Metro U-Pass is 69% cheaper. It is also valid for rides on GTrans and Torrance Transit, unlike the Metro 30-Day Pass.
Who is eligible?
- El Camino College students that are enrolled (enrollment verification will be required)
Where can I purchase a Metro U-Pass?
Students may go to the Bookstore to purchase a Metro U-Pass.
How do I purchase a Metro U-Pass?
- Obtain a free El Camino College Student ID card at the Student Activities Center. Visit the Photo ID webpage for business hours and requirements.
- Complete the El Camino College U-Pass Student Information Form.
- Print or show the form completion screen on your smart device to the Bookstore cashier.
- Log into MyECC and print or take a screenshot of your class schedule that shows you are enrolled.
- Print or show your class schedule on your smart device to the Bookstore cashier.
- Purchase the Metro U-Pass from the Bookstore. (Cash, check, credit cards accepted.)
- Place the Metro U-Pass sticker on your ECC Student ID card.
May I use my financial aid to purchase a Metro U-Pass?
Yes! Once students receive their financial aid disbursement, they may use their funding
to purchase education-related expenses, including transportation costs.
What happens if my Metro U-Pass is lost or stolen?
- Go the El Camino College Photo ID Office to get a free replacement Student ID card
- Go to the Bookstore to get a replacement U-Pass sticker for $2
- The Bookstore will deactivate the lost U-Pass sticker
For more information about the Metro U-Pass at El Camino College, contact the Student Development Office at 310-660-3593, ext. 3500.
For information about how to use the Metro U-Pass to register for the Metro’s Bike Program, visit https://www.metro.net/riding/bikes/.
The ECC Bookstore sells and reloads TAP Cards for public transportation travel throughout Los Angeles County. Students, employees and the public are invited to use this service to purchase or reload TAP cards for public transportation travel throughout Los Angeles County.