HONORS TRANSFER PROGRAM
To maintain the health of our community and to prevent the spread of Covid-19, the Honors Transfer Program will deliver HTP workshops and counseling appointments online via Zoom.
To Schedule an HTP Counseling Appointment call
on Mondays, starting at 10am. (323) 508-3187. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
The Honors Transfer Program (HTP) at El Camino College is designed to better prepare the highly motivated student to transfer successfully to a university and complete a Bachelor’s degree.
The HTP provides a unique learning environment that stresses academic excellence and develops the awareness necessary to achieve this goal. The major objective of the program is to prepare students to transfer by focusing on advanced reading, writing, critical thinking, and study skills. Honors courses are academically enriched to stimulate students intellectually, encourage independent critical thinking, and promote close interaction between students and faculty.
Honors courses fit into requirements of various associate degrees, as well as requirements needed to transfer to the University of California, California State University, and most other universities. Generally, students in the HTP complete the same number of courses as other students planning to transfer.
The application period for CURRENT ECC students wishing to join the HTP beginningThe Winter/Spring HTP application is open for all Please see below to register for a mandatory Information Session, the first step in the application process. continuing ECC students. Here are the steps to apply:
- Pre-register and attend one of the HTP Information Sessions listed below.
- After you have attended the Information Session, you will receive a link to apply.
- Apply with all the required documents on or before the deadline.
High School Students
Our application for current high school students is closed at this time. Please check back in December 2020 for information on the Summer/Fall 2021 application.
- You must have an El Camino College Student ID number to begin the process.
- You should have a minimum 3.1 cumulative unweighted GPA. We will accept your application even if your GPA is below a 3.1 at the time that you apply.
- Upload your final transcript in June. At this time, if your cumulative unweighted GPA is below 3.1, your application will not be approved for acceptance into the program. You will be able to reapply during the fall semester.
Current ECC Students
The Honors Transfer Program (HTP) will be accepting applications for Winter/Spring 2021 from current ECC students between Monday, October 5th and Monday, November 2nd.
If interested, please register for one of the mandatory information sessions listed above.
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS: Students who are new to ECC will have to complete three crucial steps to be eligible for the Honors Transfer Program. The steps are:
- An ECC application
- An ECC orientation (either online or in person)
- An education plan (EdPlan) with an ECC counselor
You must read the HTP handbook to answer the open book test in the online application. Click the link to view/print the HTP Handbook.
Top 10 Reasons to Become a Member of the Honors Transfer Program:
- Priority admission consideration for universities
- Priority registration for ECC classes
- Smaller class size with excellent, committed professors
- Increased interaction with transfer counselors
- Informative workshops designed to help you succeed at ECC and when you transfer
- UCLA application “alternate major” option—increase your chances of being accepted to UCLA!
- Permanent notation of honors participation on ECC transcript
- Close academic and social interaction with other highly motivated honors students—build a network of peers with similar goals.
- Increased chances of receiving scholarships and internships.
- Special opportunities to conduct and present undergraduate research—stand out on your application!
Honors Transfer Program
c/o Natural Sciences Division
16007 Crenshaw Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90506
Phone: (323) 508-3187
How to Find Us
The HTP office is located in the Student Services Building, Room 228.
WINTER 2021 Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 10am - 12 noon, 2pm - 4pm
Closed on Fridays