HONORS TRANSFER PROGRAM
To maintain the health of our community and to prevent the spread of Covid-19, the Honors Transfer Program will deliver HTP workshops and counseling appointments online via Zoom.
To Schedule an HTP Counseling Appointment call
on Mondays, starting at 10am. (323) 508-3187. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
The Summer/Fall HTP application dates are as follows:
You can find the application details on the Honors Transfer Program Application link in the navigation bar or you can click here.
HTP STUDENT INFORMATION SESSIONS
Curious about the Honors Transfer Program? Join us for an Information Session. Click on a date below to register in advance.
The Honors Transfer Program (HTP) at El Camino College is designed to better prepare the highly motivated student to transfer successfully to a university and complete a Bachelor’s degree.
The HTP provides a unique learning environment that stresses academic excellence and develops the awareness necessary to achieve this goal. The major objective of the program is to prepare students to transfer by focusing on advanced reading, writing, critical thinking, and study skills. Honors courses are academically enriched to stimulate students intellectually, encourage independent critical thinking, and promote close interaction between students and faculty.
Honors courses fit into requirements of various associate degrees, as well as requirements needed to transfer to the University of California, California State University, and most other universities. Generally, students in the HTP complete the same number of courses as other students planning to transfer.
Top 10 Reasons to Become a Member of the Honors Transfer Program:
- Priority admission consideration for universities
- Priority registration for ECC classes
- Smaller class size with excellent, committed professors
- Increased interaction with transfer counselors
- Informative workshops designed to help you succeed at ECC and when you transfer
- UCLA application “alternate major” option—increase your chances of being accepted to UCLA!
- Permanent notation of honors participation on ECC transcript
- Close academic and social interaction with other highly motivated honors students—build a network of peers with similar goals.
- Increased chances of receiving scholarships and internships.
- Special opportunities to conduct and present undergraduate research—stand out on your application!
Honors Transfer Program
c/o Natural Sciences Division
16007 Crenshaw Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90506
Phone: (323) 508-3187
How to Find Us
The HTP office is located in the Student Services Building, Room 228.
SPRING 2021 Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 9am - 4pm
Closed on Fridays
OUR OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED DURING SPRING BREAK