UCLA TAP and other Transfer Resources
UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP) If you plan to apply to UCLA as a member of the HTP, you need to be TAP certified. PRINT & SAVE THE TAP CERTIFICATION GUIDELINE, click here.
To be TAP certified:
- You must be applying to a major within the College of Letters and Sciences.
- You must have a minimum 3.2 GPA (UC transferable).
- If you are applying to UCLA in an impacted major (see list, below), you must have at least a 3.4 overall GPA, and at least a 3.0 GPA in your major prep. If your GPA is between 3.2 and 3.4, you MUST declare an alternate major and meet with a transfer counselor. If you do not, we will NOT TAP certify you.
- If you are applying to UCLA in a non-impacted major, you must have at least a 3.2 overall GPA, and at least a 3.0 in your major prep and meet with a transfer counselor. If you do not meet these requirements, we will NOT TAP certify you.
- We strongly recommend that all of our students who are planning to be TAP certified declare an alternate major, whether your major is impacted or not.
- For more about choosing an alternate major, click here.
- You must list your major and alternate major on your UC application when you apply in the fall. These CANNOT be changed subsequently, so be sure that you meet with a transfer counselor BEFORE you complete your application to ensure that you are lisiting appropriate majors for both your primary and alternate.
- You must have completed all major prep for both your major AND your alternate major.
- You must attend a TAP workshop at ECC.
Your alternate major may NOT be one of the following selective majors:
Note: The alternate major must have been listed on the original UC Application and match what is written on the TAP certification form. Requests to add or change the alternate major after submission of the application will not be considered. This applies to all alternate majors at UCLA.
For more information on TAP, visit UCLA’s website
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LINKS: