What Can You Do as a Parent/Guardian?Parents play a critical role in supporting the career development process of your child. Our Career Center exists to provide both the Parent and Student with information and resources for finding a job, discovering what career is right for your student, interview and resume assistance, and more. Here are a few things you can do as a parent, to better help your child prepare.
- Encourage your student to start building experience early (and often) throughout their college career. Work on campus, internships, research, leadership in clubs and organizations, and volunteer work can all develop core skills and competencies as well as experience that employers and graduate schools want most!
- Use any of our Career and Major Resources completely free of charge.
- Take an assessment on our Career Coach tool to find a major or career that most suit your students interests.
- Help your student investigate possible industries, job functions, and even companies or organizations by assisting with researching and reaching out to people who already work in the field. Many professionals and industry workers would love to talk to someone who is interested in their field to give them a better understanding of what the career is really like.
- Browse the Warrior Jobs job board with your student to see local job postings and help them find a career that is right for them!
El Camino College makes no recommendations or guarantees regarding employers or employees. We are acting as a referral service only, and provide these links only as a convenience. El Camino College assumes no liability for acts of omissions by third parties or for material supplied by them. No personal or private employment (babysitting, caregiver, roommate, volunteer) postings are accepted.