Online Express Counseling
Counselors are available for quick chat or video sessions. Click on the blue "Express Counseling" button below to join the virtual lobby and an available counselor will help you.
Please be advised, you may be pulled into a video chat meeting when you click on the blue "Express Counseling" button, or when a counselor takes you from the virtual Express lobby.
Fall 2021 Express Virtual Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Fridays: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Hours and availability are subject to change, and the waiting lobby may lock 30 minutes
prior to closing, or earlier if needed.
Services available in Express Counseling:
- Quick course advisement for one semester (Students who have completed more than 30 units and/or completed coursework outside El Camino College may require extensive evaluation that can only be provided during an appointment.
- Getting started at El Camino College
- General questions and referrals
- Pre-requisite clearances
- Consultation on Repeating Classes
- Questions About Dropping or Adding Classes
- Request to Enroll in Excess Units (Submit an Overload Petition Form)
Services not available in Express Counseling:
- Official educational planning session
- Full transcript evaluations (from El Camino or other colleges)
- Appointment scheduling (please chat with a front desk staff member below to check availabilty - subject to change during the start of the semester and holidays)
Chat with a front desk staff member
Chat with a staff member to ask general questions, or get assistance with scheduling your virtual counseling appointment.