Students interested in joining EOPS at El Camino College must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a California resident or AB540 or AB1899
- Be enrolled at ECC full-time (12 units or more) when accepted into the program (some exceptions apply)
- Not have completed more than 70 degree applicable units (including all colleges/universities)
- Complete a Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application and be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (SBOG) Income Standards under Method A, B, or C with zero family contribution.
- Have an educational need in ONE of the following areas:
- Not qualified for enrollment in the minimum level English or Mathematics course required for an associate degree
- Not have graduated from high school or obtained a GED
- High school graduate with GPA below 2.5
- Previous enrollment in remedial courses
- Other factors (i.e. first generation college student, primary language spoken at home is not English, foster youth, required to enroll in a supplemental course for English and/or Math)
For additional questions regarding program eligibility please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.