Thank you for your interest in the Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS) at El Camino College. EOPS is dedicated to the delivery of a comprehensive program that encourages the enrollment, retention, and transfer of students who are challenged by language, social, economic, and educational disadvantages.
EOPS Application Filing Period
November 2, 2020 - March 31, 2021 (May close sooner if all spots are filled.)
April 1, 2021 - October 30, 2021 (May close sooner if all spots are filled.)
Complete the following to avoid delays in the review of your EOPS application:
- El CAMINO COLLEGE- Steps to Enrollment: www.elcamino.edu/admissions/steps/
- UNIT Requirement: You must enroll in 12 units to be eligible for EOPS (exceptions apply, see below). You
will be invited to an EOPS/CARE Program Orientation once you register for 12 units
and meet program eligibility. Check MyECC for your registration appointment.
- Special Resource Center (SRC) Participants Unit Exception: Students who receive services from the SRC must submit an EOPS/SRC Inter-Program Referral form noting the recommended number of units, which must be signed by an SRC representative. Download the EOPS/SRC Inter-Program Referral Form.
- Full-time Unit Waiver (Limited Waivers Available): Students who are not able to complete a full-time course load (at least 12 units) in the Spring 2021 semester may receive a full-time unit waiver upon approval by an EOPS counselor. Students interested in a full-time unit waiver must enroll in 9-11.5 units and attend an EOPS Program Orientation to be considered.
- TRANSCRIPTS: If applicable, submit unofficial transcripts for all courses taken at other colleges.
Next steps to join EOPS and receive an EOPS Book Voucher, if eligible:
- Eligible students will receive an email invitation to attend an EOPS/CARE Program Orientation.
- EOPS/CARE Program Orientations are scheduled for late January to March 2021.
- Check your preferred email (entered on your application) beginning in January 2021 to register for an EOPS/CARE Program Orientation.
- After attending the EOPS/CARE Program Orientation you will need to schedule an appointment to meet with an EOPS Counselor. Once your educational planning appointment is complete your EOPS Book Voucher will be released.
Chat With Us!
The EOPS office will be closed until further notice. If you need assistance completing the EOPS application, have questions, or want to know your application status, chat with our outreach team. Connect with someone who is "online" by clicking the yellow arrow icon.
Tip: Please be sure to use Google Chrome browser to access virtual services. A laptop or desktop is strongly encouraged in order to access virtual services.
|Video chat on Cranium Cafe with Rafael Salazar||Video chat on Cranium Cafe with Uribe, Celso|
For additional questions regarding the application process please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.