Financial Aid Office
The El Camino College Financial Aid Office helps you and your family identify ways to pay for college. Financial assistance can help cover fees, books, supplies, transportation and more to make college an affordable option. There are several types of financial aid including scholarships, grants, work study and loans. Please review all the services available to you – we’re here to help!
The majority of classes continue to be offered online for the summer and fall. Student Services are also available online to provide support. For more details visit our ECC COVID-19 website.
We are here to help!
Jump into the Financial Aid Help Desk
to get your questions answered.
Click the box below for help via zoom
Financial Aid representatives are available
Monday - Thursday from 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday (Closed for Summer)
The ECC Financial Aid Office in the Student Services Building is currently closed due to COVID-19. If you have a quick question or if you need to speak with an advisor/assistant, please click on the blue "Financial Aid Help Desk" above.
Remember to protect your personal information, have your El Camino College student id or any government issued photo id ready when working with the financial aid office. Without a photo id, we can only answer general financial aid questions. We recommend that you use a laptop or computer for Zoom. This will allow you to easily use the screenshare feature and view documents with Financial Aid staff online.
Need additional help or have a challenging situation
Schedule an appointment on Cranium Cafe using the link below
Appointment dates and times may vary
Meet with a Financial Aid Advisor for direct assistance with Federal Work Study, Satisfactory Academic Progress or general Financial Aid questions.
2021-22 FAFSA & California Dream Act Application
Apply now and don't delay! Funds are limited so apply early and be ready for the 2021-2022 academic year. The 2021-2022 FAFSA & CADA application covers Fall 2021, Winter 2022, Spring 2022 & Summer 2022.
Online monthly FAFSA & CADAA workshops are available now, please click the flyer below for additional information. You can also visit our Financial Aid Help Desk for direct support.
The September 2nd, 2021 Cal Grant GPA deadline is approaching. Paper Cal Grant GPA verifications must be mailed/emailed to us by Friday, August 20, 2021.
We have submitted GPAs electronically to CSAC on July 16, 2021 for students whose last term at ECC was Winter 2020 (our system can only go back 6 terms). Students can check https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov/ to confirm we have submitted their GPA for the September 2nd deadline.
Financial Assistance for summer could be available to you. Your maximum financial aid eligibility for an award year is the equivalent of two full-time semesters for fall, spring, and summer. A full time semester is a total of 12 or more units. The awards for summer and the eligibility criteria are listed below:
You may have Pell Grant eligibility for the summer if:
- You attended full-time (12 units or more) in the fall and spring term and are currently enrolled in six or more units for the summer term or...
- You have not attended two full-time semesters (12 or more units per term) in fall
and spring semester
- Maximum Pell grant eligibility is two full time semesters which is equivalent to 100% per year and inclusive of fall, spring and summer.
- If you have not attended two full time semesters totaling 100% eligibility during the fall and spring, you could have remaining Pell grant eligibility to apply towards summer classes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Am I getting financial aid during summer?
- Summer financial aid is manually awarded. It will take time to review each student file. Only files in satisfactory academic standing will be reviewed starting now.
- All Warning and SAP approved/LIL files will be evaluated for summer after we check grades and run the SAP calculation for spring 2021 (estimated date, July 12, 2021)
- If you received 100% of your Pell award, you must enroll in 6 units or more to be eligible for additional Pell
- If you did not receive 100% of your Pell award, you may be eligible for the remaining amount based on units enrolled
- All eligibility standards apply for summer financial assistance including Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
How much am I getting for summer?
- Award amounts depend on your remaining eligibility and units enrolled for summer
El Camino College received funds under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) to provide emergency grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations
due to the pandemic. These expenses can include food, housing, course materials, technology,
health care and child care.
Supporting documentation is required for all requests with the exception of Food. Examples of documentation to support your claim include: rental statements, past due/eviction notice, invoices, receipts or statements on business letterhead. Child Care must be provided by a licensed facility, not a relative. If you cannot provide documentation for a category, please attach a separate document explaining why. The committiee will only consider requests for categories that are supported by documentation or a written explanation.
To apply please click the link below:
CARES Act Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled
- Must have a FAFSA application on file and completed the ECC Financial Aid verification process, when selected
- All other resources, including Student Financial Aid must have been considered and are insufficient, unavailable, or not available in a timely manner
- CARES Act funds are limited to citizens and eligible non-citizens
Starting now, Income eligible households who need financial assistance for unpaid rent and utilities will be able to apply for help through the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program. If you have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19, have past due rent or utilities, and have a household income that is not more than 80% of the area median income, you may be eligible to receive help to pay past due or future rent and utilities from the state of California. Landlords and renters can verify eligibility immediately by visiting HousingIsKey.com, or by calling 833-430-2122, and if eligible, apply.
The Fall 2021 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and Loss of California College Promise Grant (CCPG) Appeal will be availble starting on Monday, August 30, 2021.
Please click the link below to apply online:
If you need help with the appeal process please speak to an ECC counselor for guidance and support. Remember the following when submitting the SAP & Loss of CCPG Appeal:
- Answer all the questions on the appeal
- If you do not know the exact reason you are submitting an appeal you can check your SAP status on the Financial Aid Self Service Portal
- Attach documentation for each semester you're not meeting SAP (2.0 GPA & 67% completion rate)
- Attach your current counselor approved comprehensive educational plan or Lock-in-List(LIL - for Maximum Time Frame Appeals Only)
- Appeal decisions may take between three to six weeks depending on the number of applications received, please apply early
- Due to the reporting of Summer 2021 grades, applications for fall will not be reviewed until the week of Monday, September 13, 2021 for students who took a class in summer.
- All decisions are final for the term
If you need a LIL Appointment for a Maximum Time Frame Appeal, follow this link: Lock-in-List Appointment Request
For questions regarding the Appeal Process, visit our site at SAP & Loss of CCPG Appeal