El Camino College Foundation Scholarship Office
2021 Scholarship Application - Apply Now!
If you are currently enrolled, have a 2.0 GPA or better and have completed, or are in the process of completing, a minimum of six graded credit units at El Camino College - you are eligible to apply!
Scholarships range from $500 to $5,000 and cover tuition, books, fees and supplies. Last year, over $625,000 in scholarships was awarded to more than 500 El Camino College students.
- Current ECC student
- Must be enrolled in at least six units
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
- At least six graded units of El Camino College coursework
- Fillable form of supplemental questions
- Personal statement (600 words)
- Online Evaluation Form (to be filled out by a faculty member, counselor, or employer)
How to Apply
Log on to MyECC and click on “Scholarship Application" under the "ECC Links" menu.
The deadline to submit an application closed on December 19, 2021.
El Camino College
310-660-6541 or Admin Bldg. Room 160
More than 500 scholarships totaling over $625,000 are awarded annually to incoming high school students, students attending El Camino College and students transferring to the four-year university of their dreams. Many of these scholarships fully cover the cost of tuition, textbooks and fees.
We have a diverse scholarship program with criteria including:
- Honors and academic achievement
- Financial need
- Leadership and community service
- Organizational and campus club affiliation
- International students*
The El Camino College Foundation Online Scholarship Application is open from August through December of every year. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and at least six graded units of El Camino College coursework are required for all scholarships. Students must be enrolled in at least six units to qualify for a scholarship.
The El Camino College Foundation Online Scholarship Application can be accessed through the portal at MyECC. Once you have logged into the portal using your username and ID, click on the "scholarship application" link to register with the online scholarship database.
Please note: All incoming freshman enrolled in the fall semester with a minimum of six units for college credit are eligible to apply, as your coursework will have been completed at the time of the review process.
- When applying for scholarships, watch deadlines! Each scholarship program runs on its own schedule.
- Do your homework! Does your parent's employer or organizations they belong to offer scholarships? How about organizations and businesses within your community?
- Develop a great personal statement - This is an important part of your application! Create one in MS Word then copy and past it into the application.
While International students are not eligible for state based or federal financial aid, there are private and institutional resources that you may wish to consider:
- Apply for an ECC Scholarship or
- Learn about financial assistance available for International Students by visiting the International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) website at www.iefa.org
Be aware of the warning signs listed below - If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
- Scholarship with an application fee
- A guaranteed "win"
- Promise of "free money"
- Scholarship awards you never applied for
For free information or to file a complaint: http://www.ftc.gov/scholarshipscams/
Foundation Scholarship Office
Location: Administration Bldg., 1st Floor - Room 160