Charter (Create) a Club
Inter-Club Council (ICC) is the official club chartering organization on campus and it will be at a meeting of this student group that the vote for the proposed chartering of a new club will occur. In order for a proposed charter to appear on the Inter-Club Council agenda a couple of completed forms must be on file in the Student Development Office. Submit How to Charter a Club which contains the necessary procedures and forms.
Procedures for Chartering a Club
- Complete How to Charter a Club and obtain the information of 10 currently enrolled students interested in being in your proposed club. These 10 students must have paid the fee for a current ASO sticker.
- On the same form, obtain the approval of a part-time or full-time faculty member who agrees to serve as the advisor for your club. A club may have more than one advisor.
- Submit a typed copy of a constitution that reflects a democratic plan for selection of members without regard for race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, age, and Vietnam-era veteran status.
- Submit all forms to the Student Development Office. A copy will be distributed to the Inter-Club Council (ICC) Review Board Director.
- The Review Board Director will place your proposal to become a club on the ICC Cabinet meeting agenda. Prepare to have an official representative attend this meeting.
- After recommendation by the Review Board Director, the proposed club will be placed on the agenda of the next ICC General Meeting for chartering. Prepare to have a representative attend this meeting and, upon approval, subsequent ICC meetings.
- After approval of the club by the ICC, a Club Registration form must be submitted online.