Information for Parents
What is the Promise?
The South Bay Promise removes financial barriers and creates pathways to increase college readiness, access, affordability, and success for all students and their families.
Your students' futures look more promising than ever at El Camino College. We promise to commit to their success, provide access and support, and ensure they are prepared and ready for their first year at El Camino. The college has expanded the South Bay Promise to 700 students to provide high school graduates with the opportunity to get their first year of enrollment fees covered at El Camino College.
The South Bay Promise is open to all students who enroll full-time at El Camino for the fall semester immediately after graduating from high school. Students must complete all necessary steps in order to become Promise students and receive their first year free of enrollment fees.
- You will save more than $1,100 in enrollment fees during first year at El Camino College
- Your student can register for classes early with priority registration
- Your student will set an academic plan for success and receive personalized counseling
- Your student will be connected with free tutoring and other academic support services
To be eligible for the South Bay Promise, students must:
- Enroll at El Camino College directly after graduating from a high school (includes public, charter, private, or home schools)
- Complete a financial aid application (FAFSA or California Dream Act)
- Register for a minimum of 12 units in both fall and spring semesters at El Camino (maximum of 30 units in academic year)
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in the fall in order to be eligible for the Promise in the spring semester
- Complete one math and one English class during first year at ECC
If you still have questions about the South Bay Promise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 660-6464.