APPLY & ELIGIBILITY
How to Apply
If you are interested in attending El Camino College and receiving services through the Special Resource Center, it is very important that you complete the following, as early as possible, prior to the start of the semester:
- APPLY: Apply to El Camino College by clicking on EL CAMINO APPLY.
- PREPARE: New and current students can take the Mathematics and English Placement Survey in their MyECC Portal. Returning students can verify if taking the survey is needed at ECC Assessment and Testing.
- PLAN: Schedule an appointment with a counselor (for academic planning) or a disability specialist (for accommodations) by clicking on the Appointments link or by contacting the front desk at (310) 660-3295 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- REGISTER: Registration priorities available online: ECC Admissions & Registration.
- PAY ALL FEES & SUCCEED!
The primary objective of the program is to assist disabled students in the successful completion of their academic endeavors. This is accomplished through a process of goal setting, personal assertiveness and progressive independence.
An individual approach is used to accommodate the needs of a wide range of limitations due to a disability. There are many special services and various specialized devices to facilitate the process of reasonable classroom accommodations.
- A medical verifiable condition that lasts in excess of 45 days.
- The ability to navigate the campus facilities independently, or with the assistance of student-provided attendant.
- The ability to take care of personal needs unassisted or to provide one's own care attendant.
- The possession of a stable level of health to benefit from a full semester's work.