TOP Counseling Internship Application
Dear Prospective Candidate,
The Opportunity Project Internship program is designed for applicants with little or no CCC counseling experience. Applicants must be enrolled in a counseling related Master's program. Registration in a fieldwork or practicum course is preferred. The program provides a unique opportunity to explore and develop a career in community college counseling.
Please note: The internship opportunity in no way guarantees employment with the district.
Applicants must be enrolled in a counseling related Master's program. Registration in a fieldwork or practicum course is preferred. If chosen as an intern, candidates will be required to provide proof of enrollment.
1. Unpaid one semester with an option to extend up to one year internship
2. One-on-one mentorship component - each intern will be assigned a counselor mentor/femtor
3. Job shadowing in different areas of counseling
4. Counseling projects relevant to specific area of counseling
1. Interns are expected to be professional
2. Interns are expected to be self-motivatedtowards meeting the obligations for the internship program
3. Interns are required to complete a project (ie. do a presentation, create a new document) as part of their internship. Thus, interns are expected to commit time outside of their scheduled internship hours
4. Complete short term projects as assigned by mentor/femtor, if necessary
5. Interns will adhere to any privacy laws, rules, and regulations
1. Submit a complete application by April 30th 11:59pm
2. Intern candidates will be scheduled for a virtual interview that will take place the week of May 18th
3. Selected interns must provide proof of enrollment in graduate program