TRANSFER ADMISSION GUARANTEE (TAG) 2021-2022
El Camino College has TAG's with the following universities and colleges:
Historically Black Colleges
University of California (UC) TAG Criteria:
- Complete at least 60 UC-transferable semester units by the end of spring prior to fall admission.
- All campuses require 30 UC-transferable units completed by the end of the summer prior to the year you will submit a TAG application.
- You may submit a UC TAG Application to only one of the six participating UC's (Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz).
- TAG applications must be submitted online at https://uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu by September 30. The UC Admission Application must be submitted online at apply.universityofcalifornia.edu by November 30
- The supplemental criteria for selective majors will vary by UC campus (please check with a counselor).
Go to https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/admission-requirements/transfer-requirements/transfer-admission-guarantee-tag.html for the TAG Matrix, the online TAG form, and links to the individual UC campus TAG
information and criteria.
Loyola Marymount University (LMU) TAG Criteria:
In order to qualify for guaranteed admission to LMU, students must fulfill the following
- Earn the minimum Cumulative GPA as outlined in the agreement for your specific major.
*Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts: Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA.
*College of Communications and Fine Arts: Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA.
*College of Business Administration: Minimum 3.50 cumulative GPA.
- Complete a minimum of 30 transferable units including additional major coursework as required (please check with a counselor).
- Programs NOT included in the LMU Transfer Admission Agreement: All Majors in The School of Film and Television, and all majors in The Seaver College of Science and Engineering.
- Complete the online LMU transfer guarantee program form at engage.lmu.edu/register/guarantee
Submit the Common Application/LMU Supplemental application at www.commonapp.org (OR) the LMU Online Application at engage.lmu.edu/apply/ AND official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended to LMU by the February 1 deadline.
Arizona State University (ASU) TAG Criteria:
Admission to ASU is guaranteed upon successfully meeting the following conditions:
- An Associates degree with a minimum cumulative transferable GPA of 2.50
- OR have earned a high school diploma or GED; as well as a fully certified Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or a California State University General Education (CSU-GE), with a minimum cumulative transferable GPA of 2.50.
- OR completion of at least 24 transferable semester units with a minimum cumulative transferable GPA of 3.00 and have earned a high school diploma or GED.
- To apply for ASU’s Guaranteed Program for Admission, please visit
Here are the steps to sign up for the pathway:
Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) TAG Criteria:
- To find out more about specific eligibility requirements for guaranteed admission to a participating HBCU go to https://ccctransfer.org/hbcu/ and please check with a counselor.
For a complete list of the 39 participating HBCU’s that offer guaranteed admission, go to: ccctransfer.org/hbcu