Path to Enrollment
Take the first step – it’s fast and easy! Complete and submit your free application online.
- New and returning students (those with an absence of two consecutive primary terms: fall or spring semesters; excluding summer and winter terms) must complete an online application for admission.
- A Student ID number will be issued and emailed upon completion of the online application.
- Prerequisite Clearance – If a student believes a course taken at another college or university meets the prerequisite for an El Camino College course in which he/she wishes to enroll, the student may submit a Prerequisite Clearance Form and appropriate documentation for review by clicking here.
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges and trade schools attended must be submitted by those schools to the El Camino College Records Office. Students applying for Advanced Placement credit must submit official high school transcripts.
- Submit Official Transcripts
- Apply Online
Financial Aid (recommended)
Need help paying for college? Apply for financial aid!
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or;
- Complete the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)
- The school code for ECC is 001197.
- Scholarships Information
- Financial Aid Office
Have questions? Online and in-person orientations provide an introduction to academic programs and support services to help you succeed.
- Orientation is offered online via CANVAS and in person by scheduling a New Student Orientation with the Warrior Welcome Center.
- In-person orientation will take place in the Warrior Welcome Center in Student Services, room 141, please bring your El Camino College student ID number and a picture ID with you.
- New Student Orientations do run for approximately 1-hour. Please arrive 10 minutes before start time doors will close 5 minutes after start time.
- New Student Orientation
Improve your chances for success! Assessment helps ensure proper placement in math and English and allows you to advance more quickly to your goals.
- Assessment must be completed before registering for classes.
- No appointment necessary for English, ESL (Part 1) and math placement tests.
- Available by appointment only: chemistry, ATB (Ability to Benefit), and ESL (Part 2) tests.
- Assessment Center
Focus on your goal! Meet with a counselor and complete an educational plan to identify classes that are required to complete your certificate, degree or transfer program.
Ready to register for classes? Log in to MyECC and register online for classes on or after your assigned appointment time.
Completion of the Steps to Enrollment is required for priority registration eligibility.