GUARDIAN SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The El Camino College Guardian Scholars Program creates a welcoming and supportive environment for current and former foster youth. Our goal is to empower you to reach your full potential and achieve your academic, personal, and career goals. Guardian Scholars promotes self-advocacy by establishing meaningful connections and a support network within the El Camino College campus community.
The Guardian Scholars Program provides the opportunity to change individual lives
and make dreams come true.
If you have any questions or need more information,
PROGRAM SUPPORT SERVICES
• Personal Guidance and Mentoring
• Community Enrichment Activities
• Admission and Enrollment Assistance
• Book and Supply Vouchers
• School Supplies and Free Printing
• Assistance Qualifying for Priority Registration
In order to qualify for the Guardian Scholars Program at El Camino College, students
must complete the following steps:
1. Apply for admission to El Camino College
2. Complete an online or in-person orientation
3. Take the assessment tests in English and mathematics
4. Meet with an academic counselor to develop an educational plan
5. Submit a Guardian Scholars Program application
1. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act
Application (CADAA) in order to apply for federal and state-based financial aid.
2. Complete the Chafee Grant application documentation with the assistance of the
Financial Aid Office.
Requirements to Maintain Eligibility:
To remain eligible for the program the recipient must:
1. Enroll in at least six units at El Camino College during fall and spring semester
2. Enroll in at least three units at El Camino College during winter and summer
3. Attend the Guardian Scholars Program events each semester
4. Meet with Guardian Scholars Program personnel at least once a week
5. Submit progress report each semester or term
6. Maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
7. Maintain a 50% pace of unit completion