|Guardian Scholars Program is committed to supporting ALL current and former foster youth students at El Camino College. The Guardian Scholars Program serves as the primary contact for current and former foster youth to access on-campus resources across different departments throughout the campus. The Guardian Scholars Program assists with retention of students by providing a support group and facilitating access to services on campus. We serve as a resource by assisting in the development and equipping students’ educational and interpersonal skills necessary to become self-supporting, community leaders, role models, and competent professionals in their selected fields. The Guardian Scholars Program provides the opportunity to change individual lives and make dreams come true.||Drop in Days:
Monday and Wednesday
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Academic Advising
- Assistance with Priority Registration
- Educational and Community Enrichment Activities
- Program Referrals
- Financial Aid Referrals
- Tutoring Referrals
- Computer Lab
- Book Grant (if applicable)
|Guardian Scholar Program is Located:
In the second floor of the Student Services Center in the RISE Center
|In order to qualify for the Guardian Scholars Program at El Camino College, students
must complete the following steps:
1. Apply for admission to El Camino College
2. Complete an online or in-person orientation
3. Take the assessment tests in English and mathematics
4. Meet with an academic counselor to develop an educational plan
5. Submit a Guardian Scholars Program application
1. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) in order to apply for federal and state-based financial aid.