Outreach and School Relations
El Camino College Ambassador Program
We are now hiring for the 2019-20 Ambassador Program! To apply, complete the online application form below.
Note: application form requires you to attach your resume (.pdf,.doc,.docx)
This position is is a one-year commitment from July 2019 to June 2020.
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Who are the Ambassadors?
- A diverse group of El Camino College students who are enthusiastic and visible student leaders
- Tour guides for new and prospective students and their families
- Students who can share first-hand information about the El Camino College experience
- Responsible and caring students who participate in community events
- Staff for on-campus information tables during Welcome Week
- Students who are eager to connect students and visitors to El Camino College staff, faculty, programs, and services
- Representatives for El Camino College and are always willing to help
- Staff for the Student Services Center Welcome Desk
To become an Ambassador, students must:
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA at El Camino College, or have a 3.0 GPA from high school if this is your first semester at El Camino College (verified by submission of high school transcripts)
- Be willing to provide assistance and effectively relate with people of diverse cultural, social, and educational backgrounds
- Submit a completed application, resume, and high school transcripts (if applicable) by the posted deadline
Once hired as an Ambassador, students will be required to:
- Attend mandatory initial training sessions in July and all other subsequent training sessions in July/August
- Complete paperwork for Human Resources, including a valid Live Scan (fingerprinting)
- Read and respond to all emails in a timely matter
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA at El Camino College and be enrolled in a minimum 6 units
- Maintain professional conduct when representing El Camino College
For more information, please contact the Office of Outreach and School Relations at email@example.com or call 310-660-3487.