Steps to Admission
Prospective nursing students must complete the following steps in order to obtain
an application for admission:
- Apply for admission to the college.
- New students to the college
- Students absence two consecutive primary terms (fall or spring semesters; excluding
summer and winter terms) must complete an online application for admission
- Must have an El Camino College Student ID number
- Must submit official high school transcripts or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
or graduated with an associate (AA or AS) or higher degree to the El Camino College
nursing counselor when applying for admission consideration to the nursing program.
- Submit official transcripts from all accredited colleges and trade schools attended
must be on file in the Admission and Records Office.
- Attend an information session within one year of applying for admission consideration. Information sessions are
held in the fall or spring semesters. Information related to admission requirements
and/or program updates will be provided at these sessions.
- Provide proof of a valid social security or tax identification number. Candidates
must bring the official social security or tax ID card for the nursing counselor to
verify during the counseling appointment.
- Complete NURS 143 (formerly N145) Introduction to Nursing and NURS 144 (formerly N48) Dosage Calculations with a “C” or better. NURS 143 and NURS 144 must be taken at El Camino College or Compton College.
- Complete Medical Terminology 1 or equivalent and Psychology 116 or equivalent with a “C” or better.
- All students applying for admission to the nursing program are required to take the
Readiness Assessment Test, which is the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Application Filing Period
The nursing program accepts applications twice a year beginning the third week of the fall and spring semester during a three-week
Nursing Program Application
Applicants interested in applying for admission consideration, must obtain a “Verification
of Eligibility” package from the nursing counselor. The “Verification of Eligibility”
package and completed Applications for admission consideration must be submitted to
the nursing department during the specified application-filing period. “Verification
of Eligibility” and Admission Applications are not accepted on weekends or holidays. No late or misdirected forms are accepted. The committee
will only review completed applications.
- Students interested in applying for admission consideration to the Associate Degree
Nursing program must schedule an appointment with the nursing counselor to obtain
a verification form, verifying eligibility to apply for admission consideration.
- Students can schedule Nursing Counseling appointments.