Transfer Requirements

We take the guesswork out of the transfer process. The following transfer guides provide you with information about lower division requirements and/or prerequisites for specific majors at a four-year university.

Major Preparation Advising Sheets

The following guide sheets provide the lower division requirements or prerequisites for a specific major at a four-year university. Students will also need to complete transfer admission and general education requirements for the university they plan to attend. Not all majors and universities are provided in this list. For a more complete listing, please check ASSIST for additional CSU and UC campuses.

The information on these documents is subject to change without notice. Please review a current catalog of the transfer campus, the ASSIST website, and consult with a counselor for more information.


IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) is appropriate for students who intend to transfer to the UC or CSU system. Depending on your choice of UC or CSU and your major, other options are available: UC campus specific breadth, CSU lower division general education certification pattern, or CSU campus specific GE pattern. Students pursing majors (engineering, business at UCB, liberal studies) that require extensive lower division preparation or transferring to UCSD (Roosevelt and Revelle) may not find IGETC to be advantageous. Students should ascertain through their ECC counselor if IGETC is an appropriate transfer pattern.

CSU GE Breadth is appropriate for students who intend to transfer to a California State University (CSU).


The Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) is a degree offered at California Community Colleges. To pursue this degree rather than a traditional AA or AS degree, students should meet with a counselor to develop an education plan toward the AA-T or AS-T.

The degree allows students who earn an AA-T or AS-T and meet minimum eligibility requirements are guaranteed admission to a CSU, but not necessarily to a specific campus or major.  With the degree, students may be given a GPA bump when applying to an impacted campus outside the local area or an impacted major that is deemed similar.  

Once admitted in a deemed similar degree program, students have the opportunity to complete a bachelor's degree with 60 semester units at the university. Students should work with a counselor to determine which CSU's offer bachelor's degrees that correspond or are deemed similar to the AA-T or AS-T at El Camino College.

For additional information please review the following website:

To view the AA-T or AS-T that is deemed similar at the CSU please review the following website: CSU Associate Degree for Transfer Major & Campus Search.