Envision the LEADER in You
Apply to be a part of the third cohort of Warrior Peer Mentors (WPM’s) at El Camino
College! Peer Mentors are a diverse group of students that are passionate about helping
others succeed on-campus and online.
The WPM’s support incoming, returning, and continuing students navigate ECC, while
also developing leadership skills as para-professionals. WPM’s will work closely will
the WWC Team to assist with the production of programs aimed to help incoming students
achieve their career and educational goals. This position is for the full academic
How to Apply
Application Status: Application Closes: May 11th
If you have any questions regarding the application, please email Karen Preciado at
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Please make sure you have submitted a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application for the 2022- 2023 academic school year before applying to the WPM position.
- Provide information about El Camino College Services.
- Assist students with the enrollment process.
- Assist with passing out and collecting information from other departments/offices.
- Help students become familiar with campus resources, advise, and refer students to
appropriate resources as the need arises.
- Understand and abide by policies and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality with any shared information.
- Attend and participate in all training sessions and group meetings.
- Serve as a positive social and academic role model.
- Work both independently and as part of a team with fellow Peer Mentors.
- Meet individually with the staff to provide updates and discuss student concerns.
- Staff in the information booths.
- Co-coordinate and co-facilitate social and educational services/events as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned and meet deadlines.