The El Camino College Grants Development & Management Office provides guidance, support
and hands-on assistance to managers, faculty and staff who seek and manage grant-funded
The Grants and Development Office will ignite a grant-seeking culture supporting intentionality,
cutting-edge innovation and technology by strengthening partner relationships thus
increasing institutional capacity through supporting the vision and goals of the institution.
Grant Prospect or Idea?
Not quite ready to fill out the Project Information Form, but found a grant prospect
or have an idea? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the prospect or idea!
In the subject line indicate whether it is a prospect or idea. In the body of the
email share a few points of information and the Grants Development and Management
Office will reply.
Grant Application Process
We're here to help!
- Review the Approval to Pursue Process prior to developing a proposal.
- The Approval to Pursue Process provides a step-by-step guide with supporting materials
to demystify grant proposals.
- The Project Information Form contained in the Approval to Pursue Process MUST be used to gain approval to proceed.
- Review the Proposal Development Process upon obtaining approval to proceed via the Grants Development and Management Office.
- The Proposal Development Process provides insight on next steps within the Application
Grants Office Resources
- Foster project ideas.
- Locate funding opportunities.
- Strengthen grant writing and project development capabilities.
- Develop grant proposals and budgets.
- Strengthen collaboration between college departments, programs and areas.
- Nurture partnerships with external organizations.
- Support project managers.
- Manage grant-funded projects as needed.
- Complete and submit reports to the relevant funders’ offices.
- Comply with internal and external approval and compliance requirements.
Grants Office Services
- Provide information to the college community on funding and grant partnership opportunities
- Proposal and budget development
- Proposal review, signoff, and submission
- Grant negotiation and acceptance
- Grant startup assistance
- Guidance on post-award management to effectively implement projects
- Grant close-out assistance, including final reporting
- Training in various aspects of grantsmanship (grant seeking, proposal writing, project
- Assistance with compliance audits
- Special projects