El Camino College makes a positive difference in people's lives. We provide excellent
comprehensive educational programs and services that promote student learning and
success in collaboration with our diverse communities.
Vice President of Academic Affairs
El Camino College is committed to being an open access institution and serving students
of all ages, cultures and backgrounds.
Our exemplary faculty and professional staff recognize that individual, community,
and global needs are diverse and changing. In response to these needs the college
offers comprehensive educational opportunities for:
- Achievement of Associate Degrees in Arts and Sciences
- Transfer to baccalaureate institutions
- Mastery of basic skills such as critical thinking, mathematics, written and oral communication
- Cultural enrichment and lifelong learning
- Acquisition of the necessary career education and skills to successfully participate
in the workplace and global economy
- Development of the economy and jobs in the region and state
To assure the quality of these educational opportunities, the College is dedicated
to implementing its stated strategic initiatives:
- Support student learning using a variety of effective instructional methods, educational
technologies, and college resources.
- Strengthen quality educational and support services to promote and empower student
learning, success, and self-advocacy.
- Advance an effective process of collaboration and collegial consultation conducted
with integrity and respect to inform and strengthen decision making.
- Develop and enhance partnerships with schools, colleges, universities, businesses,
and community-based organizations to respond to the educational, workforce training,
and economic development needs of the community.
- Strengthen processes, programs, and services through the effective and efficient use
of assessment, program review, planning and resource allocation.
- Modernize infrastructure and technological resources to facilitate a positive learning
and working environment.