What Can You Do as a Parent/Guardian?
Parents play a critical role in supporting the career development process of your
Our Career Center exists to provide both the parent and student with information and resources for
finding a job, discovering what career is right for your student, interview and resume
assistance, and more.
Job Seeking Tips
Here are a few things you can do as a parent, to better help your child prepare.
- Encourage your student to start building experience early (and often) throughout their
- Work on campus, internships, research, leadership in clubs and organizations, and
volunteer work can all develop core skills and competencies as well as experience
that employers and graduate schools want most!
- Use any of our Career and Major Resources completely free of charge.
- Take an assessment on our Career Coach tool to find a major or career that most suit your students interests.
- Help your student investigate possible industries, job functions, and even companies
or organizations by assisting with researching and reaching out to people who already
work in the field.
- Many professionals and industry workers would love to talk to someone who is interested
in their field to give them a better understanding of what the career is really like.
- Browse the Jobspeaker job board with your student to see local job postings and help them find a career
that is right for them!