Increase your Chances for Success with Math Academy
Study in a friendly, test-free, stress-free, and non-college credit environment!View Flyer
The Math Academy provides students with a refresher of mathematics skills to increase
chances for success in their science or transfer-level courses. Math Academy is not
an event for determining math placement. Math Academy is offered every winter and
summer sessions four days a week for three hours per day. Study in a friendly, test-free,
stress-free, and non-college credit environment!
Students receive all of the supplies for the course free. Plus, there is no fee to take the course.
Students who complete the Math Academy will receive:
- A free Texas Instrument (TI-84 Plus) Calculator or Casio fx-260 Solar II to keep and
use in your science or transfer-level math course (students who repeat the course
are ineligible for the calculator);
- A seal-stamped certificate of completion; and
- A personal congratulations from the dean.
How to Sign Up for the Math Academy
Step 1: Determine which academy is right for you!
Scientific Math Academy (for science courses)
- The Scientific Math Academy covers fundamental arithmetic and pre-algebra skills commonly
used in introductory statistics or science lab courses. Some topics include (but
not limited to) converting numbers to scientific notation, place values and rounding,
scatterplots and graphing linear equations, converting between percents, fractions,
and decimals, calculating area and volume, as well as exploring exponents and logarithms.
Use this academy if you need to take any of these courses:
- MATH 150: Elementary Statistics or
- CHEM 4: Beginning Chemistry or
- CHEM 20: Fundamentals of Chemistry or
- CHEM 21A: Survey of General & Organic Chemistry
- The Algebra Academy covers real number solutions and applications of linear equations,
quadratic equations, linear inequalities, and systems of linear equations. Use this
academy if you need to take any of these courses:
- MATH 120: Liberal Arts Mathematics or
- MATH 110: Structures and Concepts in Mathematics or
- MATH 116: Geometry & Measurement for Prospective Elementary School Teachers
Intermediate Algebra Academy
- The Intermediate Algebra covers a large library of basic functions and their graphs
to strengthen and expand students’ algebra skills. Use this academy if you need to
take any of these courses:
- MATH 130: College Algebra or
- MATH 140: Finite Mathematics or
- MATH 170: Trigonometry
- The Pre-Calculus Academy covers polynomial, rational, exponential, logarithmic, and
trigonometric functions, as well as their inverses. Use this academy if you need
to take any of these courses:
- MATH 165: Calculus for Business & Social Sciences or
- MATH 190: Calculus I
Step 2: Decide whether you want to participate in the Morning Group (Mondays through Thursdays
from 9:00am - 12:00pm) or the Afternoon Group (Mondays through Thursdays from 1:00pm
Step 3: Click on the link below to sign up! After you click on the link, you will be prompted
to log into your MyECC account before the sign-up form appears.