You can review this list to find useful forms designed to help you make requests or
changes to your college information. Simply open the form you need and follow the
- AB540 – California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request
If you are an undocumented student or U.S. citizen and meet the requirements, you should use this form instead of a
- Academic Renewal Petition – A student may petition to have up to 24 semester units of substandard work (D, F
or WF grade assigned) taken at El Camino College disregarded in the determination
of the grade-point average (GPA).
- Add/Drop Form – Use this form if you cannot register through MyECC and/or need assistance adding or dropping a class prior to class deadlines.
- AP Credit Request – Some Advanced Placement (AP) credit can be used at El Camino. Please review the AP List and Scores before you submit the request.
- Audit Request - Use this form to request to audit a course. Audit requests will not be processed until the add/drop period for the class is over.
- Change of Address/Phone Number Request – Be sure to keep updated records on file with El Camino so you can be notified of
- Change of Major – Complete this form if you wish to change your major.
- Credit by Exam – If you wish to earn credits for a specific course by demonstrating mastery of the subject matter and/or skills,
complete this form.
- General Petition – Use this form to request a grade change; not applicable for a class where you received
a grade of A, B, C, D, F, Pass, No Pass, Credit, or No Credit.
- Name/Gender/Date of Birth Change or Correction – Please provide verification documents for requested changes.
- Pass/No Pass Request – If you are unsure if you should request P/NP for a class(es), please see a counselor
and work within the posted deadlines for each term.
- Repeat Petition – Use this form if you are requesting to take this class for the third.
- Residency Reclassification Questionnaire – Read the information on residency to determine why you were classified as a nonresident and to learn what documents
you will need to submit with this questionnaire.
- Social Security Number Correction – Make changes to your Social Security number.
- Student Course Repetition Petition – Use this form if you have repeated a course at El Camino and/or another college and
the previous course is not removed from your calculated GPA.
- Student Grade Change Petition – This form is for letter grades (A-F) only. To streamline the process, read the instructions on the form and discuss
the grade with your instructor before completing the grade change petition.
- Transcripts - Official - Use this to request OFFICIAL transcripts of your work at El Camino.
- Transcripts - Unofficial - Use this to request UNOFFICIAL transcripts of your work at El Camino.
- Unit Overload – You can use this form to request classes above the unit limit for the term. For
example, you can take 18 units in fall/spring; complete this form if you want to go
over 18 units.
- Verification of Enrollment Request – Fill out this form to request enrollment verification.
- Veterans Residency Waiver - Fill out this form to request waiver of out-of-state fees if you qualify for GI
Bill Educational Benefits.