News & Events
- Catch up on the grants currently in place throughout El Camino College.
- El Camino College was awarded a four-year Health Resources and Services Administration
grant to support Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students (SDS) enrolled in the ECC Nursing Program. The project began October 2012 and supports
nursing students on both the El Camino and Compton Center campuses.
- El Camino College was awarded a five-year Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI) Grant
to support Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). The project began October 1, 2011. More information on STEM programs can be found
on the STEM homepage.
- El Camino College was awarded a two-year grant from the California Community Colleges
Chancellor's Office to develop statewide transfer agreements between selected Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) and the Chancellor's Office that facilitate the transfer of California Community
College students who wish to complete their baccalaureate degree at a HBCU, including
the efficient transfer of CCC coursework. Transfer agreements will ensure the full
acceptance of general education classes from community colleges.
- The Graduation Initiative Grant Project's Reading Success Center recently opened its doors to students. It's located in the Library East Basement,
Computer Commons, E36.
- El Camino College's Career Advancement Academy Grant was renewed for two years beginning February 2014. The Career Education - Career
Advancement Academy (CTE-CAA) serves critical industrial sectors in high technology
manufacturing, particularly in aerospace. The programs provide basic skills training,
work preparation training and Economic Workforce Development training to undereducated,
underemployed youth and young adults (18-30) years of age who have dropped out of
school or lack the basic skills needed to obtain a certificate or degree in a typical
college program. For more information please visit the Career Advancement Academy's homepage.