Self-Care Resources while Working from Home
Working from home, especially if suddenly, can put a damper in our daily routines.
It is important we remember to make time for ourselves. Below are several self-care
resources (apps for smartphones or other electronic devices) that may be helpful to
you. Visit your app store to download any of these.
- Sanvello: Sanvello is a digital care app that offers mood tracking, coping tools, and a peer
support network. The service is offering free premium access for as long as COVID-19
remains a national emergency.
- Headspace: Headspace is offering free meditation tailored for educators and other stress relief
sources for people working from home.
- Insight Timer: Insight Timer is a free meditation app with more than 30k guided meditations. Meditations
can be filtered based on various criteria (e.g type, topic, popularity).
- Active: The app for free, aiming to help others keep active during lockdown. Loaded with
video workouts, photo tutorials, treadmill workouts and more.
- Peloton: Peloton is offering an extended 90-day free trial to its at-home workouts application
during the covid-19 outbreak. The in-app workouts include yoga, HIIT, stretching,
and other categories.
- 24 Hour Fitness - 24GO: 24GO is offering 1,500 virtual workouts. The platform includes personalized fitness
plans, workout scheduling, progress and goal tracking, and more.
- Nike Training Club: Enjoy on-demand class-style workouts, programs, and expert tips on nutrition, sleep,
and more with free access to NTC Premium to all Nike members until further notice.
The app includes workouts, nutrition tips and wellness guidance to serve every kind
- Down Dog | Great Yoga Anywhere: This app is offering free access to all of its apps (Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners,
HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout) until May 1, 2020. Free access for students and
teachers (K-12 and college) until July 1, 2020. To access school membership, please
register your school's domain by visiting www.downdogapp.com/schools.
- Yummly: Discover recipes that match your unique tastes and diet and save them to your digital
- Tasty: Free application where you can search, watch, and cook tasty recipes.