El Camino College Offers TimelyCare Services to Improve Student Health and Well-Being
El Camino College recently launched a program that offers students free virtual mental health care services through the TimelyCare platform. In-person mental health counseling sessions are always still available at the Student Health Center, but as a virtual extension of El Camino’s mental health counseling resources, students can now access TimelyCare services at any time of day or night, every day of the week.
Through TimelyCare on their phone or other device, students can select from a wide-ranging menu of virtual care options from licensed counselors from anywhere in the U.S. – at no cost and without traditional insurance – including:
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand access to a mental health professional
- Counseling Appointments: up to 12 scheduled meetings with mental health professionals
- Basic Needs: low-cost resources and referrals for food/housing assistance, transportation, help paying bills, legal services, and more
- Group Sessions: weekly guided meditation and yoga group sessions
Additionally, faculty and staff have access to support by calling 833-4-TIMELY at any time, every day of the year that helps them guide students to TimelyCare resources so students can achieve a sense of well-being, live healthier lifestyles and improve their mental health.
“This new service offers convenience and access to quality care at any time – especially when students need it the most,” said El Camino College President Brenda Thames. “Our students’ mental health is a top priority. Offering access to a health care professional at all times – day or night – enhances our current student resources and gives peace of mind to students and those who support them.”
With TimelyCare, El Camino can deliver a hybrid model of clinical care that combines the best of in-person and virtual care services:
- Convenient 24/7 care – Mental health issues often present themselves outside regular business hours, and TimelyCare makes seeking support or treatment as easy and convenient as making a video or phone call. Nationally, about 40% of mental health care visits through TimelyCare occur after hours.
- Reduced wait times – Typical consultations for on-demand services through TimelyCare begin within five-10 minutes – less than the amount of time it takes to walk across campus.
- Diverse provider network – In addition to being from diverse backgrounds, TimelyMD providers are trained to be culturally competent. For example, more than 60% of mental health providers are BIPOC, and the platform also offers providers who identify as LGBTQ+, speak multiple languages and/or celebrate various religious traditions. Students can choose to meet with a specific provider or select the first available.
- Peace of mind – TimelyCare is a safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant platform that follows campus-specific protocols to facilitate care coordination and follow-up to ensure continuity of care. Integrations with leading learning management systems ensure students have even more access to in-the-moment support whenever they need it.
For more information about TimelyCare and to learn how to access virtual care from anywhere, visit www.elcamino.edu/timelycare/.
Students can download the TimelyCare app by visiting www.timelycare.com/elcamino. Students who register with TimelyCare by April 30 are automatically entered in an opportunity drawing for a $250 Amazon gift card.