COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave – 1/1/21 through 9/30/21
Human Resources is pleased to announce the enactment of Governor Newsom’s recently signed Senate Bill (SB-95) which provides all employees of the District a temporary, supplemental benefit called “COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave.” This benefit, applicable retroactively to January 1, 2021 and expires September 30, 2021, provides up to 80 hours of additional paid sick leave for full-time employees (and a prorated portion for part-time employees) who are unable to work for COVID-19 related reasons, such as:
- being quarantined or subject to an isolation period related to COVID-19;
- advised by a healthcare provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19;
- attending an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine;
- experiencing illness or a reaction to the COVID-19 vaccine which prevents you from being able to work or telework;
- experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and seeking a medical diagnosis;
- caring for a family member who is subject to an order to self-quarantine, or who has been advised to self-quarantine;
- caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed or otherwise unavailable for reasons related to COVID-19 on the premises;
If you used “quarantine leave” on your timesheets, you do not need to submit any adjustments. If you used sick or vacation time between January 1, 2021 to the present date for any of the above-listed reasons, you may modify your leave request(s) by submitting a revised timesheet to your supervisor. Your supervisor will submit the revised timesheet to Payroll so that your leave balances can be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions about how to record adjustments, email email@example.com for assistance.
For the new COVID-19 Supplemental Sick Leave, please use the AL code and type QL (Quarantine Leave) in the description – view the screenshot below. Download the timesheet template to use.
If you have any questions, please contact David Mussaw (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information on this and other COVID-related issues, please refer to the District’s
COVID-19 Task Force website found at: https://www.elcamino.edu/notices/coronavirus/faculty-staff.aspx