Hero Descriptive Placeholder

Photo ID FAQ

Read the following frequently asked questions (FAQ) regarding El Camino College student photo IDs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Only currently enrolled students can get a photo ID. Photo IDs are OPTIONAL, but students currently enrolled in the following specific programs are encouraged to get one:

  • Emergency Medical Technician
  • MESA
  • Nursing
  • Radiological Technology
  • Respiratory Care

In addition, students who are enrolled in the current semester and wish to purchase a Metro U-Pass need a photo ID card.

Students who meet the above requirements can visit How to Get a Photo ID for instructions.

No, you do not need a college ID card unless you plan to access Warrior Pantry services or are enrolled in the Nursing, Radiological Technology, Respiratory Care, or Emergency Medical Technician program. Students who plan to purchase a Metro U-Pass and who are enrolled in the current semester may also receive a photo ID. 

Students who visit the Warrior Pantry will be provided instructions on how to get a photo ID upon their first visit.

Students who belong to one of the above programs should scroll down to read more about how to get an ID card for their employment/academic internship site.

For more information about the Warrior Pantry, visit the Warrior Pantry webpage.  

No. However, you may need to know your student ID number and provide another form of photo ID (i.e. state ID, driver’s license, passport) to verify your identity when accessing services.

For Canvas, your identity is verified by logging in using your ECC username and password.

Warrior Pantry: you will need to show your ECC photo ID and/or know your student ID number. For more information visit the Warrior Pantry webpage

Library: you would normally need to use the photo ID at the Library for printing, checking out books and materials, and borrowing calculators and laptops. Currently, the library will only be lending calculators and laptops, and you will not need your ECC photo ID. However, you will need to know your student ID number and provide another form of photo ID (i.e. state ID, driver’s license) to the Library staff. The Library also has many digital journals, videos, and books that you can access through the Library webpage with your MyECC log in.

Bookstore: show your ID card with the current semester sticker to purchase a Metro U-Pass.

You can show the following two items:

  1. Proof you are taking classes - a copy of your class schedule, which is available on MyECC (free and can be accessed immediately) OR Enrollment Verification provided by Admissions & Records (may include a fee and several days to complete the transaction) AND
  2. Government-issued photo ID - examples include state ID, driver’s license, passport, etc.

Go to Find your Student ID Number for instructions.

Go to Proof of ASO Benefits Pass Purchase for instructions.

Students and employees working in essential jobs, as determined by the State Public Health Officer, who are mandated to have a college photo ID for employment or academic reasons may request an ID card. This includes students currently enrolled in nursing, radiological technology, respiratory care, and emergency medical technician programs. 

Visit How to Get a Photo ID for instructions.

Students must have an El Camino College photo ID with the current semester sticker before purchasing a Metro U-Pass in the Bookstore.

Visit How to Get a Photo ID for instructions.

Yes, please fill out the Photo ID Request Form

Current and former employees can contact Human Resources to request proof of employment.

For more information, please contact the Student Development Office by emailing WelcomeCenter@elcamino.edu.