Jump to: Popular Links / Getting Started / Getting Help
The following applications and services are most widely used by ECC students.
|ECC Email||All active ECC students are provided with a College email account (@elcamino.edu). ECC's official means of communication with students is through their student email account. This includes all financial aid and registration communications, wait list notifications, class schedule or room changes, instructor emails and emergency information from the College.|
|Office 365||Microsoft Office 365 provides ECC students free access to select Office 365 online applications and services, including Outlook and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).|
|MyECC||Review your schedule, check the status of your financial aid, pay for classes, check your placement test scores, and much more in the MyECC student portal.|
|ECC Connect||ECC Connect is a success-oriented tool used to facilitate communication with your support network on campus. You can use ECC Connect to electronically “raise your hand” to reach out to a team of faculty and staff dedicated to your success at ECC.|
|Canvas||Canvas enables student and faculty participation in online classes and online course materials to complement face-to-face learning.|
If you need to reset password, please read through before following directions.
Step 1: Please visit the following link: Password Reset
Step 2: Go back to MyECC
Step 3: Creating a new password
For iPhone IOS
1. If you haven't already, install the Outlook for iOS app from the iOS App Store or Get Outlook with your phone number (you will receive a download link).
2. Open the Outlook for iOS app and tap Get Started if it's your first time. Otherwise, open the menu in the upper left corner.
3. Tap Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account.
4. Enter your ECC College email address (@elcamino.edu), then tap Add Account.
5. Tap Next when finished and swipe through the features.
You're now ready to start using Outlook for iOS!
1. If you haven't already, install the Outlook for Android app from the Google Play Store or Get Outlook with your phone number (you will receive a download link).
2. Launch the Outlook app. Tap "Skip" to go to the "Add Account" screen.
3. Enter your ECC Email Address (@elcamino.edu) then tap "Add Account"
4. You are being forwarded to a Microsoft Office 365 website
5. Enter the password for your ECC Email Account then tap on "Sign in".
6. You are now on the "Add Another Account" screen, tap "Maybe Later".
The Outlook app now displays your emails (if you have any emails).
You're now ready to start using Outlook for Android!
These videos cover the following Canvas topics: 1) Welcome to Canvas and How to Log On, 2) The Canvas Dashboard and Global Navigation Menu, 3) Course Cards, 4) Activity Stream, 5) To Do List, 6) Calendar, 7) Syllabus, 8) Modules, 9) Assignments, 10) Grades, 11) Notifications, 12) Pronto, 13) Zoom.
Set up instructions for your laptop:
Click here for set up instructions for you laptop.
Inserting the battery in your brand new hotspot:
Here are recommendations from ECC ITS to help keep your computer safe while you are online:
Students can print in The Study Center, located on the second floor of the library, in the Technology Center, located in the Library's east basement, or in the Music Commons, first floor of the Music Building.
Printing: Students get 200 free prints per semester. Black-and-white and color printing is available.
To send your documents to a printer in the student computer labs, click here.
The ITS Help Desk is your single point of contact for anything Information Technology related.
Available Services: Hardware issues with your Campus PC or Mac, Computer Replacement, Warranty & Repair, Equipment & Software Requests, Laptop Loaner Program, Software Licenses, Password Reset, Login Assistance, Basic Software Troubleshooting, Audio-Visual Setup (PA systems, speakers, projection screens, etc.), Printers.
310-660-6571 ITEC Building Mon-Thur 7:15 a.m.-5 p.m. / Fri 7:15 a.m.-3 p.m.