Students must first be eligible and accepted into EOPS before joining CARE.
- After submitting your EOPS/CARE application, complete the CARE Agency Certification Form.
- All CARE students must re-verify benefits beginning July 1 for the following academic
EOPS Program Eligibility
- Must be a California resident or AB540 or AB1899
- Must be enrolled at ECC full time (12 units or more) when accepted into the program
(some exceptions apply)- Flexibility for Spring 2021 due to COVID-19; must be enrolled in at least nine units.
- Must not have completed more than 70 degree-applicable units (including all colleges/universities)
- Must complete a Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream
Act Application and be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (SBOG) Income
Standards under Method A, B, or C with zero family contribution.
- Must have an educational need in ONE of the following areas:
- Not qualified for enrollment in the minimum-level English or mathematics course required
for an associate degree
- Did not graduate from high school or obtain a GED
- High school graduate with GPA below 2.5
- Previous enrollment in remedial courses
- Other factors (e.g., first-generation college student, primary language spoken at
home is not English, foster youth, required to enroll in a supplemental course for
English and/or math)
Students must submit a CARE Agency Certification Form with a current Verification of Benefits from BenefitsCal. For instructions on how to access your Verification of Benefits online, please click
here. Completing the CARE Verification Form certifies the eligibility requirements below:
- You are a recipient of TANF/CalWORKs (student or child must be receiving cash aid)
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are classified as single head of household
- You have at least one child in your custody and on your county case
If you need any assistance with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org .