Students must first be eligible and accepted into EOPS before joining CARE.
- After submitting your EOPS/CARE application, complete the CARE Verification Form for the 2021-22 academic year.
- All CARE students must re-verify benefits beginning July 1, 2021.
EOPS Program Eligibility
- Must be a California resident or AB540 or AB1899
- Must be enrolled at ECC full time (12 units or more) when accepted into the program
(some exceptions apply)- Flexibility for Spring 2021 due to COVID-19; must be enrolled in at least nine units.
- Must not have completed more than 70 degree-applicable units (including all colleges/universities)
- Must complete a Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream
Act Application and be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (SBOG) Income
Standards under Method A, B, or C with zero family contribution.
- Must have an educational need in ONE of the following areas:
- Not qualified for enrollment in the minimum-level English or mathematics course required
for an associate degree
- Did not graduate from high school or obtain a GED
- High school graduate with GPA below 2.5
- Previous enrollment in remedial courses
- Other factors (e.g., first-generation college student, primary language spoken at
home is not English, foster youth, required to enroll in a supplemental course for
English and/or math)
Students must submit an CARE Verification Form with an current Notice of Action or Verification of Benefits form downloaded from
Your Benefits Now. Completing the CARE Verification Form certifies the eligibility requirements below:
- You are a recipient of TANF/CalWORKs (student or child must be receiving cash aid)
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are classified as single head of household
- You have at least one child in your custody and on your county case
If you need any assistance with the application process, email email@example.com .